Tuesday, December 9, 2014

FINAL COUNTDOWN!


                       .... & some nursery lovin' 


Baby Junipers nursery is all ready to go, we just need her to gain a little more fat over the next few weeks and then make her appearance! Eeeeek! SO excited! I didn’t think that getting the nursery together would be that important to me. I have always thought “Crib, dresser, clothes, done!” I now think that the nursery helps you to focus your energy on something other than “the countdown”…while you definitely have a count going on in your head, at least with a nursery project you can also have the thought “not yet – your room isn’t ready!”

My sweet Nana gave me her old sewing machine 4 years ago and as of last month I had never used it. Chris and I took it out one time, Googled “how to use a sewing machine”, couldn’t figure it out and returned it to the box for the next 3 years. Last month I decided there were two things I absolutely needed for Junipers nursery that I could not find anywhere. She NEEDED a pillow for her rocker, and a pendant banner to go over her crib and zero on the market were exactly what I was looking for. We loaded up the sewing machine and took it to a local sew shop and for free of charge…they taught me how to use it! I mean minimally, of course, I still had to Google tips and advice throughout the entire project, but I am so proud! 




Harper was very confused at this process. 



Are they perfect? No! Do I love them because they are the first projects I have attempted and I made them for our sweet baby girl? Yes! 



If anyone wants an imperfectly sewn anything for their baby made with little skill but lots of love – I’m your girl!



The color doesn’t come through just right in pictures, but her room is the prettiest lightest minty-est of colors. I didn’t want a loud or busy nursery. No hot pink and lime green zebra stripes over here. (No offense if that’s your style! More power to you!) I love that our bedroom is our sanctuary, where we sleep and relax; I wanted her nursery to be a relaxing sanctuary for her as well. 











I hope that my next blog post will be the welcoming of a very healthy Ms. Juniper Grace. We will hope and pray that the remainder of our pregnancy goes smoothly, safely, and healthy. Until then, Mommy, Daddy, Harper & Poncho will continue to wait as patiently as possible. Well… Mommy and Daddy will! Harper and Poncho will continue to not know what the hell is going on until their life is turned upside down with the arrival of a tiny new human who may steal some of their cuddles and attention.  




Just ask  if you’re interested to find out where any of the furniture came from. Between Target and Amazon it is all very well made, affordable, and easy to assemble pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment