Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Things to remember: dog food edition.

Oh, my sweet sweet Juniper Grace. I constantly say my thanks that you are such a smart little girl. You never eat things off the floor, you bring me tiny pieces of trash or dog food that you find and we walk to the trash can together. I love that when you find itty bitty rocks you say "no no" and you play with them but don't eat them! These things make my life and worry a tiny bit easier. 

But today...

Back story. The dogs are on super healthy food and it has tiny pebble looking bites in it named "vitamin bits". They truly despise the vitamin bits. They bring them over to the family room rug and leave them there. I'm constantly having to throw them away. For months before having Juniper I couldn't figure out what was happening, it looked like a rabbit was pooping in our house! (We don't have a rabbit) 

Anyways. 

Today at Target Juniper and I stopped by Starbucks on the way out (duh, Walmart sucks in every way possible and I try to never go ...  But being able to shop AND get coffee makes Target a no brainier win in my book) the check out lady sees Juniper with her snack cup and says "oh! Are you enjoying your Cheerios?!" (...And I have to totally stop myself from saying "they are "purely O's!" Organic and way less sugar and yea they kind of taste like cardboard but healthy choices lady!" Because ew when did I become this person?!) Oh well, forget the organic and healthy choices, because at that moment Juniper pulls the cereal out of her mouth and places it in my hand... and to my embarrassed horror me AND the check out ladies see that it is half chewed DOG FOOD. 

Apparently, my good smart girl who helps me throw those tiny vitamin bits in the trash, instead stashed them in her snack cup when I wasn't looking. I'm frantically explaining to these ladies that I DONT PURPOSLY feed my daughter dog food and that she must have done it when I wasn't looking and I can feel myself starting to sweat and my face turning red and all the while Juniper is licking my jacket to get the taste out of her mouth. 

Luckily the ladies are really cool and trying to make me feel better and talking about their kids once eating dog biscuits and finally I begin to laugh. Hard. Until Juniper is laughing and the other people are laughing and tears are running down my face. Because what else can you do? On the way out they yelled after me to get my baby some real food... and I laughed all the way to the car. 

Thanks for making life so good, baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment