Sunday, September 28, 2014

What do 1st time parents NEED?!

Hey Yall!

We had a perfect fall weekend here in Colorado, topped off with SEC wins, peanut butter cookies, and pumpkin carving. We couldn't wait for the pumpkin patch to open - we purchased good ole grocery store punkins to get our Fall fix! Our good friend Katelyn and her sweet baby Aiden came over to carve with us - but look closely in the background - Sweet Aiden had more fun pulling up the old tomato plants (Thanks Buddy! A chore we have been avoiding!) It was so exciting just thinking that this time next year our little girl will be here and able to help us scoop out pumpkin seeds and wield the knife. ;)




Super proud of these pumpkins - I don't care that it's not even October yet!

Anyways, I have been reading everyyyyything on what first time parents may or not need and some of the things I have seen are absolutely ridiculous. I found one list which title read "The Ultimate First Time Mom Needs" and do you know what #2 on the list was? Do you even know?! Heels. High Heels. "A good pair of comfortable but sexy high heels to last you the third trimester and first couple of months with baby". Ummmmm. No thanks. I rarely wore heels as a non pregnant woman, there is no way I will start now. Heels made it even higher on this list than a crib!

So I figure I can read as many blogs and lists as I want to and still possibly not know what baby will need. I keep joking that I always start nanny jobs when the babies are 6 weeks old, so I have no clue what to do the first 5 weeks!

So mommies, mommies to be, any non mommy friends with newborn experience, Please help me out!  What would you add to the list of needs/wants/ that will make transitioning into this new life a little easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment