Sunday, September 6, 2015

Changing of Seasons

Now that I am a mother, I pay a lot more attention to the time. Is it time for Juniper to eat/nap/play? Is it time for her to be crawling? Is it time for another tooth? Is it time to introduce more foods? I think about time, and I check the time, constantly. 

Then a little thing happens and I think of time in a totally different light. Why is time so fleeting. How is Juniper already 8 months old. 

The weather in Denver is still mid 80s, but now with lows in the 50s at night. The early mornings and late afternoons are crisp and you can smell autumn fast approaching. This is my favorite time of the year. 

Juniper always sleeps in a short sleeve onesie with a wearable "sleep sack" over it. Tonight though, it was time to switch her to long sleeves. Soon enough, pants and socks will be added as well. 

Juniper's first winter, spring, and summer have all come and gone. It was so surreal, putting the long sleeves on her. I can check the time, and the date, and see how she is growing and changing, but the switch to long sleeves truly stands out to me, signifying that the seasons are changing. 

I take a ton of photos of Juniper, because as much as I look forward to seeing her learn and grow and explore, I want to freeze time. I want to pause on every new facial expression. I want to always hear those sweet baby belly laughs. I want to relive watching her discover new things with those tiny fingers and looks of concern, over and over again. 

Life is really, really good, yall....but oh so fleeting. ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment