Wednesday, May 25, 2016

16.5 months, my girl.

- You will only eat with a fork/spoon now. This started last week. I am so proud of you and your determination and those fine motor skills, and you DO eat a lot more when you use a fork because you enjoy the process, but man... Meals take like an hour each now ;) 

- You really enjoy having sunscreen put on. I'm not sure if it's the act itself or bx you know it means we're headed outside (which is like your heaven) but whenever you find one (or you go take it out of the diaper bag) you bring it to me saying "more more more "sunsunshine". Which is cute ALLL in itself 😍

- You have decided that your toots are really funny. You make sure daddy is around and near so that you can laugh together. Not my favorite thing, but I have to admit it's cute. Haha. And gross. 

- You LOVE graham crackers and melon. You run to the cabinets and say "crack crack cracker" and when you've had enough for the day and mommy tells you no, you run to the fridge and say meyon. 

- Your vocabulary is amazing to me. I used to run to my notebook and list every new word, but I've finally stopped doing that as maybe it was a little much (haha) and I can't keep up! You can say at least 20 animal sounds and well over that many words, although you are very selective of what you say and when. You're favorites are "no" and "more" and "gah" and "bath" and "all done" and "byebye" and "outside" ("shide") 

- "gah". No idea where this came from, but it's your word for water. We thought it was just for your particular water and cup, but you call pools, lakes, rivers, bath tub water, all "gah". 

- we went on vacation to Santa Fe, NM last weekend and you slept through the night and napped. It was heavenly. We have so many fun trips coming up and knowing you can hang and we can all sleep makes life a little easier :) 

- we love you more than words can say, baby girl. I wish I could pause time and that you will always want mommy around as fiercely as you do now. I love the nighttime cuddles when you ask for "one more" song or "gorgorilla" (goodnight gorilla - you're absolutely fave book - we do the motions of the lady making a shocked face and you crack up and wait for it every single time.) You make even the simple so beautiful and that's the ultimate in life right? To enjoy it all. Every little bit, right down to the routine and mundane. 




No comments:

Post a Comment